UGA IN THE NEWS
University of Georgia creates card system from the ground up
UNIVERSITY OPTS TO OWN ENCRYPTION KEYS TO FOSTER FLEXIBILITY
by Andrew Hudson, CR80News
In 2017, the University of Georgia made the advancement of card technology a priority on campus. UGA’s OneCard Oversight Committee was formed and turned the lens inward, examining its card environment from within. The Committee was tasked with ensuring the review process enhanced security, created a collaborative phased approach and proactively prevented any future service disruptions while minimizing overall cost impacts.
- Solution lifespan goal of 20 years
- Multi-application ready, including door access, POS, vending, athletics, etc.
- UGA Encryption Key ownership
- 1800+ contactless readers
- 35,000 MIFARE® DESFire® EV2 smart cards
- LEAF 2.1 compliant credential data model
- Card suppliers: multiple
- Access Reader supplier: WaveLynx Technologies